Thursday, May 14, 2009

F-U-N-K

I have been in a funk for what seems like forever now. Truth be told, it has probably only been a week or 2 but still. . .
I am still having some problems with my energy level. BTW thanks to all who sent me their advice.
But now I feel all droopy in my heart too. I had this teeny tiny (possibly P.M.S. induced)meltdown with honey the other day. It went a little like this:

Me: I'm in a funk.
Him: Why?
Me: I/we have no security. Our jobs are less than stable, both of our cars are falling apart, I am still in school, we don't own our house, and let's not even mention the fact that I am still waiting for you to decide you are ready to get married already.
Him: Well . . .
Me: Just forget it
Him: No, what can I do to help? (Besides the whole ring thing).
Me: *sigh* *tears* - I have a headache
Him: I'm sorry. I love you.
Me: Can you just do the dishes for me? I'm going to bed.

Stupid hormones. Stupid bad economy. Stupid crappy energy level. I am going to work out tonight and hope it makes me feel better.

4 comments:

  1. Working out always helps me either at the gym or cleaning... It helps me focus later on on the problem and then usually I can find some sort of workable remedy... I see where hubby asked ' about helping'... I think that is when u need to tell him that u want to vent.. My kids would come to me when they were having problems w/grief and I would try to 'fix' what their issue was when the bottom line was, 'mom please just listen'... so they learned to preface before venting... It took them awhile to learn to say 'just listen' but now its easy... I feel that is where your frustration comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all had some of those days... sorry it's lasting longer than the norm but what can you do. But hey if the work out doesn't help, there's always ice cream to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy ass crackers! I swear to god I've had that exact same argument with my husband. Even more infuriating is my inability to accurately express exactly why I'm pissed off. Sometimes you just have to cry and be done with it. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your funk. I think all of your concerns are completely valid, but sometimes these hormonal moods are inevitable and we just have to work through them. Hopefully you woke up this morning with a smile on your face. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I want to know what you think. Unless you are going to be mean to me - in which case, thanks but no thanks.