Saturday, October 17, 2009


Wednesday night Honey and I went to a fabulous lecture given by Blake Mycoskie (owner of TOMS shoes) on the subject of social responsibility. For those who aren't aware of this, the ideals of social responsibility, social justice and human kindness are near and dear to our hearts. This lecture also had an economic twist; explaining that by selling a useful and fashionable commodity, TOMS has managed to create a new method of giving: a sustainable charity. By utilizing their One for One method of donating one pair of shoes for every pair that is purchased, TOMS shoes will be able to give away more needed pairs of shoes than they would have on donations alone. Think of the possibilities if this method is applied to other businesses.

BTW - half the people on our Christmas list are now getting TOMS shoes = GIVING X2

1 comment:

  1. All the Japanese girls I work with wear these. I didn't know anything about them before, and now I'm totally in love. Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I want to know what you think. Unless you are going to be mean to me - in which case, thanks but no thanks.